It only took us about a week to mentally recover from Toilet Fiasco '09 before we were ready to dive back into our mini-bathroom overhaul. It's just taken me forever to get around to posting about it. I'm not sure why, since I'm really pleased with the final result. The paint color (Valspar Carolina Inn Aqua) is particularly lovely in the morning light when I'm getting ready for work--very calming. Much better than
meh tan color that was there before. Unfortunately, since the bathroom is so tiny, I haven't been able to get an photos that really capture the full effect. Here's my best effort:

(Paris-style train rack scored on amazon.com for 1/3 the price of similar Restoration Hardware version. Towels are from Pottery Barn and cost way more than is reasonable. But they were exactly what I was looking for, so I couldn't resist.)

If I could sew, I would maybe make a skirt to go around the sink basin to hide the plumbing. Eventually, I will get around to framing and hanging this print (bought on our Honeymoon
four years ago) in the bathroom too:

And, we are planning to replace the sink faucet with this one. If only I could get around to actually ordering it! OK, so we're not really done yet. But it is clean and toilet is intact and functioning, so I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment